Check your speed:
- Make sure all devices are disconnected from the network. If a device is performing a data-intensive task, it can negatively impact the accuracy of your speedtest. To do this, unplug any cabled devices from the router, or turn WiFi off.
- Cable one device to the router. This is important as WiFi can give inaccurate speedtest results. Running the test directly from the router ensures the speedtest is showing any WiFi interference or environmental factors.
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari ETC) and browse to www.speedtest.net .
- Click "Begin Test".
After the test is complete, you will be given three values:
- The 'ping' result will show the time it takes for your device to connect to our speedtest server.
- The 'download' result shows the download speed.
- The 'upload' result shows the upload speed.
It is important to note the following about speedtest results:
- There will always be a small amount of speed loss between NOW and your device. This is attributed to network infrastructure, line quality, your routers handling of the connection, and the device itself.
- If running the test over wireless, please understand this speed is limited by your routers WiFi capability, the environment it operates on, and the device which is connected through WiFi. It is not accurate to gauge line speeds through a test completed over WiFi.
If you believe the speedtest result is indicating poor performance, we definitely want to hear about it.
Feel free to get in touch with our technical team on 0800 GET NOW (0800 438 669).
Alternatively, send our technical team an email on email@example.com