ADSL2+ / VDSL Troubleshooting:
Please disconnect your router from the power. You can do this by unplugging the power cable, or switching it off at the wall. Leave it off for 10 seconds or so.
- While the router is unplugged, check that the DSL cable is connected from the router to the filter.
- Plug the router back into the power and wait a couple of minutes for it to turn on.
- On NOW supplied routers (and quite often on others too) the DSL light will flash as the router is trying to connect. When it does connect, it will stay lit, and the internet light will also be lit.
- If your router's DSL light doesn't stop flashing, it could indicate there is a problem with the cable connecting it to the filter, the filter, or the line itself. Try the router in another jackpoint and see if that works.
- If your router has a lit DSL and Internet light, but you still cannot use the internet, it could be a WiFi problem. Check the router has a WiFi light. If there is none, check you haven't turned WiFi off on the router itself.
- Call our tech team! They are there to help. They can be called on 0800 GET NOW (0800 438 669) or emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please locate the ONT (Optical Network Terminal) in your home. This is the fibre box installed in your home by Chorus.
- When you have found the ONT, have a look at the lights on it.
- If there are no lights, check the power hasn't been turned off, or that that the power cable hasn't come apart. Try plugging the power cable into another power outlet, or another multi-board. If the lights still don't come on, the power supply might need replacing.
- If there are lights, check for the Optical light. This is the second light from the left. If the Optical light is Red, this indicates a fault on the line. Get in touch with our technical team and we can arrange a fault to be lodged with Chorus.
- If the Optical light is green, check the LAN1 light. If this is not lit up, check there is a cable from the ONT to your router. If there is, check that cable is plugged into the WAN / Internet port on your router, and that the router is turned on.
- If the LAN1 light is lit, you may need to give us a call so we can check your connection from our end.
- Call our technical team on 0800 GET NOW (0800 438 669) or send us an email at email@example.com